Thursday 21 February 2013

First ever post- Welcome :)

Hello,


I've decided to start a blog to aid my daily bible readings. I would say I have been reluctant to just pick up the bible and start reading for years now and I thought it has to stop. I remember hearing stories from the bible when I was younger and going to Sunday School but now I've grown up I'll be reading it for myself and I want to try better understand what I'm reading. I'm an economics student and former English language student, analysing text is my expertise, so it's about time I paid the bible more attention than my textbooks!

 I am a very web based person who spends a lot of time in the office and haven't voluntarily touched a hard copy book in nearly a year since starting my office job! A friend recommended I check out Bible Gateway this great online resource with several translations of each book. It's so easy to understand and best of all its online which I prefer as I can copy and paste what stands out to me into a word document, I can read another translation if one version doesn't make sense, I have Google just a click away if I really don't understand, I can go from book to book and chapter to chapter at just a click of a button. It just works better for me because I spend an awful lot of time at the office so I can always sneak onto the website while at work and have a read!

The idea to start a blog actually came from my wonderful sister, we were just bouncing ideas off each other and I always ask her for advice on how I can improve my bible reading. My sister is more of a write things down in a notebook person, I am more of a type it up because I will lose that piece of paper person! So I thought I would give the blog a go, even though I am not quite sure how the posts will go. Either way I hope to finish reading and understanding this wonderful book and you're welcome to join me on my journey.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment